Rebidding for the Consulting Services Subic-Clark Railway Project
Request for Expression of Interest
Rebidding for the Consulting Services for Subic-Clark Railway Project
- The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), through the 2020 General Appropriations Act (GAA) allocations and continuing appropriations, intends to apply the sum of One Billion Five Hundred Twenty Million Five Hundred Thirty Four Thousand Four Hundred Pesos (₱1,520,534,400.00), inclusive of value-added tax (VAT) and applicable government taxes, being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Consulting Services for the Subic-Clark Railway Project (SCRP). Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- BCDA now calls for the submission of Eligibility Documents for the Consulting Services for the SCRP. Eligibility Documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) Secretariat on or before 17 November 2020 (Tuesday) at 09:00 AM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila. The opening of the Eligibility Documents shall be on 17 November 2020 (Tuesday) at 10:00 AM at the BCDA Corporate Center. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from BCDA and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders between 20 November 2020 (Friday) and 10 December 2020 (Thursday) from the address below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB), in the amount of Seventy Five Thousand Pesos (₱75,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of BCDA; provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest (EOI), including the Eligibility Documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of not more than five (5) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for short listing are:
- Relevant experience of the Consultant (40%);
- Qualifications of the Key Staff to be assigned to the Project (50%); and
- Current workload of Key Staff relative to capacity (10%).
The Consultants must garner a score of at least seventy percent (70%) to be qualified for short listing, but only the Bidders ranked top five (5) of the list are to be included in the final short listing.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of RA 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- BCDA shall evaluate bids using the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/QCBS) procedure with a 75:25 ratio. The technical proposal shall be given a weight of seventy-five percent (75%) and the financial proposal shall be given a weight of twenty-five percent (25%). The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders (ITB).
- The Contract shall be completed within sixty six (66) months.
- BCDA will hold a Pre-Eligibility Conference (online coverage) on 09 November 2020 (Monday) at 10:00 AM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila and via video conferencing thru Google Meet which shall be open to prospective bidders. To be able to join the online Pre-Eligibility Conference, a scanned written request shall be made/emailed to the BAC Secretariat.
- BCDA reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the Contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders. Further, BCDA reserves the right to waive minor defects in the forms and requirements as long as they do not affect the genuineness and authenticity of the documents submitted.
- For further information, please refer to:
STEVENSON E. TUGAS, JR.
Head of Secretariat, BAC for Consulting Services
Bases Conversion and Development Authority
BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Tel. No.: (632) 8575-1753
JOSHUA M. BINGCANG
BAC for Consulting Services